15th November 2016
Reflection of tutors feedback from Assignment one
I found my tutors feedback vital and timely. He mentioned that I do have confidence, but a lot of this, comes from familiarity of my subject. Thus I now need to really work out of my comfort zone, in order to take risks.
Points to take note of:
– Try more variation and less repetition within my body of work.
– Emotion from my work – can this appear in a colour way?
– Less white backgrounds. This will be a trickier one, as I am so used to them!
– Varied relationships between print and collage/fabric. Can one take over from the other? Or can it overlap? Or…one idea for me, would be to print on paper, then cut out the shapes with a variety of textured papers or fabrics underneath? Like a cutaway applique idea.
– Try repeat patterns with my designs created.
– Mix concepts and imagery within sketchbooks. Make more “raw” work.
– During the time I am looking at Assignment two, my essay needs to be thought about too. My tutor has given me pointers on this. If I can keep reflecting back to this feedback, it will keep me on track mentally.
Overall I am very happy with the comments I have been given. It has stopped me in my tracks and made me see really what I need to do to improve. This is not always easy to take, but can be seen as a real positive. Better to have something to work upon, than nothing and wonder why I am not doing well at assessment.
Save files separately to make my work easier to read.